Total Pageviews

Friday, February 25, 2011

Asking for money!

This really bothered me and I had to get some stuff off my chest.

Backstory: I was working in a muddy creek and needed to clean my shoes so I went to the car wash. Yes, I know thats kinda dumb but I also needed to wash my car.

So I'm washing the car minding my own business and the guy I was working with went to use the bathroom. Now we weren't in the best of neighborhoods but I figured in and out and bam i'm done. Well, a minute into my wash, a car with two guys and a girl pulls behind my car blocking me in. I'm thinking "What the hell is going on!" By the time I get that thought in the driver jumps out and is 5 ft. from me. Now, I usually have a pocket knife but of course today is the day it stays at home. I have the hose on high pressure setting so I'm thinking, "If I'm getting robbed/stabbed this guy is getting wet!" Luckily before he gets drenched he says, "Hey I'm bout to run outta gas, can I borrow 2 dollars?" What? Do I know you? You pull some swat team move on me at the car wash and I'm supposed to give you money! I reply, "I don't have any cash (cause clearly I had quarters for my wash)." I think at this point the guy can see that I'm on "high alert". He goes back to the car and his buddy gets out and says, "I'm gonna go ask this guy (another lucky car wash patron)."

What really bothers me is the way he went about it. Why block me in? Why not just drive by, roll down the window, and gimme a shout? Why would you think I would put down the hose, go into my car, and give you 2 dollars? Maybe I'm just overreacting or being a whimp but I don't ever like anyone to approach me when I am minding my business. I can see if you are homeless and I pass by you, sure no problem, but to just run up on me like that indicates a threat to me. I couldn't be a concealed gun owner because too many idiots like this would get shot.

I posted this because after my work partner got back to the car I told him the story and he thought I was overreacting and couldn't understand what the big deal was. I just thought that was amazing. How could you think something is wrong with me for my reaction when the idiot is the car wash beggar bandit!

I'm curious, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment